Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hokey Cokey - The Gastro pub

Picture credits : Prateek Thakkar

This is a gastro pub with a very unique set up on the roof top on 80 feet road of Kormangala, Bengaluru. The place has a wonderful and classy ambiance. Even though the place is new, it was crowed enough for a Friday night. This place has the feel that would make you pick up a drink, enjoy the music, converse with people and relish the food. This is a place that is fit for all ages and crowed of people that would enjoy.

Let me start off with the drinks. I went for the Lipstick On My Collar as it had vodka with fresh pomegranate, passion fruit and basil, I thought this would be on the milder side but this was more of a moderate side with an excellent taste and content of alcohol. This was a very good for me to start off with but if you want a milder drink then you can go with the Newton’s Formula which is also a vodka base with coconut syrup, green apple, cranberry and pine apple juice, this drink has a very good mixture of all the ingredients which upheld the name of Mr Newton. Then I went for the Purple Haze which is also a vodka based with black currant and sweet & sour mix, this drink was a shocker for me as the drink was not over power with the black currant but it had a very nice texture of black currant which was a very nice experience for me. If you are looking for a stronger drink then you might as well go with the Angels On My Shoulder which is a gin based with amaretto, elder flower, sweet & sour mix and nutmeg, which was quite strong but the thing of this drink is that it takes you a level and keeps you happy without the urge of having more.

Newton’s Formula
Lipstick On My Collar

For starters it was Something Corny started the delight for me, this dish had a unique and tasty. I liked the way the corn was crunchy but it was crunchy in a different way and thats what made this dish stand out. The flavours was a very good choice as it had just enough to wake up your taste bugs but not too much that it over powered the drink. The next was the Beirutti Mezze Platter,  is a combination of Lebanese dishes like Hummus, Tabolueh, Falafel and Baba Ghanoush. The spread in the platter is very tasty, on a whole I was left with wanting more in the platter as the quantity was less but the quality was nice.  The non-veg looked and smelled very tempting but due to my religious believe I had to control as I was not allowed to eat non-veg for some days, this urge was control by the fried corn kernels, this dish had a unique yet crunchy flavour that gave me a hint of what the non-veg would taste like and of what I missing. The next thing was Hokey Cokey Broccoli, this had steamed broccoli and this is the one vegetable that I would not prefer eating without my mother shouting behind me, after the first bite I realised that broccoli can also be yum. You read correctly, the broccoli was yum because of the way it was prepared and the Tadka. For the last starter we had ordered the Yankee Chilli Fries, this dish had the most unique way of presentation of serving fries. This dish had crispy fries below with beans and topped with cheese, if I try the same thing at home I am quite sure of getting soggy fries. This was the highlight starter dish that I enjoyed till the last bite.

Beirutti Mezze Platter
Hokey Cokey Broccoli
Yankee Chilli Fries
It time for pizza where Vegetable Garden Pizza was served, the pizza that we served was a thin crust cheese veg pizza with mushrooms. The crust was soft and kinda crunchy. I wanted more cheese in my pizza as I love my pizza with loads of cheese. The veggies was well placed out that made this feel like a starter for me.



Now it is the time for the Arabian burger, the presentation of this burger was unexpected. The burger was a bit dry but after putting in some ketchup the burger was good. On a over all the burger is an average burger but the dips along made the entire difference in the dish.
Arabian burger
After having all of this we all preferred to share the main course and we ordered for the Triple Schezwan rice and Thai Red Curry with Spiced Flavored steamed rice. The Thai Red Curry was not too sweet but the salad that was severed along was but since the curry was not that sweet I liked it a lot. This curry with rice is a very nice way to end the dinner as it will fill you to the extent you are left to have only the dessert. The triple schezwan rice is my idle dish that I want for my main course. The Schezwan was slightly on the spicier side and that what made this dish my favourite dish, the schezwan noodles and the rice with the schezwan sauce just filled me up completely. 
Triple schezwan rice

Chef Naveen has made great efforts to make the dish and that's the reason this is truly a Gastro Pub.

You can head out here with friends to have a great time or take your date that to have a tummy filling romantic time. Add this to your pub list on Kormanagala road, as this is a place to make memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment