Monday, December 1, 2014

Launch of the brewery at the Big Pitcher


The streets of HAL road have lit up once more, big pitcher has just got bigger by launching 6 brewed beer namely Hop witch, Kingslayer, Sarava, Czech That Pilsner, Adjust Maadi and Endless Darkness. I will continue about the beers in the following paragraphs. Let me first tell you about Big Pitcher, it stands at a 6 floor tall with different ambiance on each floor. Let me start off with the few things that I found interesting about the floors that I liked. The ground floor has a huge dance floor which is accompanied by the finest DJ's spinning the tracks, along with the part of the brewery. The first floor has the other half of the brewery , along with a much more private sitting of the ground this is called Club Kahuna. Club Kahuna holds Comedy Nite, Booze an’ Brains, Ladies’ nite, etc, so you can expect something new when you go there. You have something called The Street, where you can expect to get street food from about 30 countries. This is soon to open and I am eagerly waiting for the opening. The fourth floor was where the magic of the beer was unveiled, this is to host corporate parties and private events Studio 4121 which is well equipped with DJ, Stage and music system. The most talked about floor is the roof top, this is one place that you have to visit to have the over view of Bengaluru with amazing food and drinks.








Let me start of with the beers, the Bengaluru's newest and the biggest (as on date) mirco brewery has kicked off. Now Bengaluru has one more watering-hole in its list, it blends the philosophy of 5 schools of brewing namely English, Belgian, German, American and Brazilian. They have launched 6 beers as of now which I have named above. I am a bit hesitant about the names, so I will take you my views by the colour of the beer.

The light colour beer, will the best to start or end with because it has a very mild taste, which will wake up your taste bugs or they will make you to get the proper taste of the dessert and they are also on the sweeter side. The light colour might have been mild but the unique flavour that has actually gone in making the beer is very nice, I did not get the the difference between them with small slips but when I went for a bottoms up that's when I got the proper flavour and the difference between both the beers. (one of them was hop witch I liked).

In the medium coloured once was really miles part from either in the sense of smell and taste, one of them had the smooth yet a great taste of wheat that was my favorite (I sadly don't remember the name). I like the way the Brew master Luiz and his partner Koushika have done an amazing job because they have modified the German wheat beer with their own touch that is well balanced and tasted amazing. The other one was slightly of the other side which I did not like because of the fact that it was harsh and kinda flat, I heard that this is something related to the Belgian school but I did not like it much, whereas, my friends did like it.

Now the last two, the darkest of them all. The best part of both the dark coloured beers were that they were not hard but they did have a little choky sensation to it. This was the first time that I found a liking to the dark beer, they tasted slightly milder than the ones I have had before but never did like any earlier. One of the darker one had this chocolate after affect of the throat that was once again a very nice and unique thing  about the beer. If I have to say in a simple way, this is the best place to start of drinking with dark beers.

Luiz and Koushika have promised that they will never rush any batch, they will try and bring beers with either slight changes or major once depending on the experiment, with keeping in mind of what the customer wants. They will always keep there doors open for all beer lovers. The major aspect about their beers is that they are 100% natural.

The launch was accompanied by a wonderful spread of Continental, Chinese, Indian and Oriental Japanese food. The spread was a treat to all food lovers. The launch was not only about the beer (though this was the main agenda), it was also about food, dance, singing and partying.








The picture credits go to Suman, Nita and Rumana, thank you for the wonderful pictures.

I apologies once again for not identifying the beers with the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment