Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Seafood Festival at Barbeque Nation



Barbeque Nation has come with “Seafood Festival - Treasures of the Sea” from Jan 23rd to Feb 8th. It is an exquisite spread if seafood that you will not be able to resist getting into your tummy. It is a combination of richest platter that you can imagine, that awaits you here till Feb 8th. So grab a couple of you friends to Barbeque nation and indulge yourselves to the buffet and live counter. I being a seafood person, I was just waiting for the starters to be served on the table.

Drinks:

I have the chocolate monk, which was good but it is heavy drink. This looked more like a drink milkshake but it taste better than any smoothie I have had until now. Since I wanted some room in my tummy I did not repeat the order as I needed loads of space to eat all the food.


I took a lime soda salted to help me eat more but the drink contained too much lime for me, this did clean my pallet in ever sip I had but lime was too evident half way through my drink.
 


Starters:

Let me write about Jamaican Jerk Chicken before I move to anything else because this is my favorite dish every time I come here. I just can resist starter and I always make sure that I have this more than one.



Crispy Fried Anchovy is to be had with Tarmint sauce but I enjoyed the dish with Curried Mayonnaise also. This love the crispy batter and this was a great dish to start my visit here.


Mai Thai Prawns was also a very good but it required chilly and lemon glazing for me. This is not the way I liked to have my prawns always as the actually taste disappears in the glazing

Basa Peri Peri was yum with the green chutney. If you’re a beer drinker then just glaze this dish with some chilly and just chow down.



Mutton Galawati was well cooked, which went well with green chutney and Aioli dip


Maryland Card cake was just what the pirate order under the sea. I personally loved this but it is on the heavier side, due to which I could have only one.

The Crumb Fried Squid is personally not my favorite, it did tasted well with the recommended Aioli dip.

From the Live counter
 
From the Live counter
Soup:

Seafood Laksa was indeed what a very tasty soup that actually got me cleared my pallet with the delicacies of the sea. I love the taste and the way all the ingredients bended with each other.


Main course:

Prawn Biriyani tasted better with the Managalorean Carb Curry and I choose to have only this much for my main course, as I had already set my eyes on the desserts.





Dessert:

The small round Gulab Jamoon was well prepared with the right amount of sweet, I love the combination of vanilla ice cream with jamoon but this time I tried it with fig n honey ice cream, this combination was a different taste to encounter once in a while.

We all raised our glasses of Tender Coconut Payasam to the starting of the desserts.

 The death by chocolate pastry and blue sea cheesecake stole my taste bugs in the dessert section.

We also had the chocolate strawberry tart, mango mousse and come water melon from Fruit basket.


We then had the famous pan masala kulfi to end the perfect filling dinner.


I thank Barbeque Nation for inviting me to enjoy 'Treasures of Sea' festival. 


No comments:

Post a Comment