Monday, March 17, 2014

Pub Crub, The Boozy Griffin

The feeling that I experienced once I entered The Boozy Griffin was like going through the space continuum portal and walking in a classic UK Pub. The place is spacious and they are a few unique things that I personally loved about the place was the empty phone booth, the smokers section and the music. The empty phone booth reduces the outside sound which will enable any one to make private conversation inside the booth. Now coming to the smokers section, this is the only place where I found the smokers section as wonderful as the rest of the place. The room can be a little more ventilated. They basically played rock but the song selection was amazing.


We met a few of my other friends there and we all ordered one Foxtail (whiskey based), two Strawberry Citrus (mock tail) and one Cosmopolitan (vodka based). I had opted for Cosmopolitan and it is a bit strong but it tasted wonderful, it reminded me about fashion vodka that I had at my friend’s house party. If you are a person who likes whiskey then I would suggest you to go for Foxtail which is amazing the blend of whiskey was so mind blowing. If you are a teetotaller then to kick start your taste bugs then you have to order Strawberry Citrus but if your sweet tooth is still asking of sweet then I would suggest you English fruit frappe. I finished my Cosmopolitan early and ordered Capiroska which is also vodka based and this was like a vodka based ice tea but it tasted wonderful. It was not strong and gave me a warm feeling in my throat when I drank it. Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of rum and vodka is all that I need.





We ordered various starters with our drinks. The first order was Manchego Stuffed Jalapeno, this was the only starter which was repeated. So you now that you cannot miss this veg starter. If you love sea food then starter for you would be Britpop prawns, this was in two words crunchy and tasty. If you do prefer sea food then you can go with Devil’s Chicken Supreme, it was slightly not done but the taste was amazing. In veg we ordered Magic shroom, Go-Green salad and Tapas plater. The magic shroom was a delicacy that should not be missed if you like mushroom. Go-Green salad was okay as I felt it to be a bit dry. Tapas platter got over as it was being severed on the table, I managed to get the taste of everything and it tasted good.







Before you order anything else kindly order the Classic Chilli Chese Baguette, this went very well with the Caipioska. The bread was soft and crunchy which is a very rare combination.


The main course which made me drool while I taste was Penne Pomodoro in veg, Basa fish steak with mushroom hollandaise in sea food and Braised pork in pink pepper sauce in pork. I had ordered the Cottage cheese Brochettee, the rice was well cooked and the cheese dipped panner blended very well with the rice. Farmhouse steaks is another delicious main course in veg, which was blended and cooked for perfection. Angel hair pasta with pinenut thyme cream sauce did not excite me too much as I was already stuffed.







Now it was time for the dessert but sadly there were none available but then we order one Key lime pie which was very close to a dessert than a drink. The main attraction of this was the cinnamon which was decorated like salt for a tequila shot.


Do visit this place soon for the best ambiance, polite and prompt service, good music, best drinks, delicious food and to have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment