Saturday, June 28, 2014

An evening at Bootlegger



Bootlegger being situated in the heart of Bangalore on Lavelle road, is the pleasant place for fun dinning. This area is always close to my heart. The fun energy that I feel from the place is always fabulous.This place has its own magic, it bring out the little devil inside me for the fun times ahead.




Their beer collection has always amused me because most the beer present in their menu is not easily available (due to non-availability four beers on the menu is not available but the rest are). This time I had got my own vehicle so I could indulge in only one drink, I asked for a suggestion and I was suggested Sazerac. Sazerac contains Whiskey, Muddled sugar cube and a dash of biters with a lemon twist with loads of ice, thus drink is the brainchild of a Cerole Apothecary who moved to New Orleans from West Indies in the early 19th century. Its primary ingredient was changed from Cocnac to Whiskey due to popular american tastes. This being my only drink for the night, it was strong. The taste was amazing and the best part of the drink was that the never diluted a bit, till the last sip it was the same and that was the part of this drink I liked a lot.

Sazerac
I regret getting my ride tonight as I had to restrict myself to one drink as the starters was urging me to have different drinks. The Chicken hot wings of this place is something to die for, its just delicious. The only problem is the way i eat this dish is like a cave man because that's when i enjoy this dish till the last bite.

The breaded chicken tenders was kinda plan but the dip was rich enough to make regenerate the dish to taste fabulous.
Breaded Chicken Tenders
Chili Garlic prawn was a very good combination for my drink. The prawn was cooked very well and the after spice in mouth was a delight with the drink. The crunchiness of the prawn was just fabulous.
Chilli Garlic Prawn
Chili paneer is a delivering dish to the vegetarians. This can be passed as a chili chicken but the cook has managed to keep the dish in such a way that in the end a slight taste of paneer is available, due to this i cannot pass this as a chicken dish, my beloved veg friends are spared.
Chilli Garlic Paneer
Chilli Garlic Paneer
I had pakoda loads if times, so this time I had ordered the chicken pakoda. This dish can be easily offered to a lot of people as just pakoda. The chicken was well marinated in the batter. I like is it but this did not got well with my drink but as a dish this was a genius effect by the cook.
Chicken Pakoda
Chicken Caesar salad is the only salad I willingly order and eat. Bootlegger did not let me down. The Chicken Caesar salad was really tasty. The dressing was amazing, the chicken was properly cooked and the vegetables was fresh. A good Caesar salad always gets my hopes high of the place. The beer collection and a very good Chicken Caesar salad made my expectations very high, my expectation was never let down.

I have heard alot about the nachos from this place but I haven't had the pleasure to taste myself, the people who have told me about nachos have praised them alot. I would recommend to have the same for your first order. If kinda heavy but its delicious till the end.

For my main course I ordered a chicken chilli dog for myself. It was simply amazing but i recommend that you ask the chief to put in the jalopenos inside the bum, if like the tangy flavor then your surely in for a maga treat. I had the chili dog with the jallopenos on the outside and every bite was woow. This did not fill me up but the taste and saturated my tongue.
Chicken Chilli Dog
Rumana had gone for the classic fish and chips which was well cooked. I am not a fan of fish and chips combination, this was my first time but this tasted really good, after a point it had become a bit salty for my taste.
Fish and Chips
For dessert we decide order something slightly outside the menu. Basically we ordered from the breakfast menu, i.e Waffles with fresh cream and chocolate. Luckily the same was available. I must say when you have fresh cream and good chocolate with waffles it is a very different feeling of to the dish.

Waffles
Bartender at work
George was kind enough to make me this beautiful shooter
For recommendations in food, I ask you to order anything on the menu and it will be tasty. For drinkers there are loads of bottled beers along with wonderful cocktails and mocktails. The bartender is very innovative, you can just say the type of base or flavor you would want in drink and it will be made in ways that you would surely love.
It was a pleasant visit to Bootlegger, had good food and fun time. Kindly do visit the place and if you have already visited then share your experience (Do visit again)

No comments:

Post a Comment