Friday, July 11, 2014

Mr Hong - The Gateway to Bangkok in Bangalore

PVR Leisure brings back the all -day tea culture to Indiawith Mr Hong in Bangalore After a successful soft launch in January 2014, Mr. Hong,an Oriental all-day dining restaurant and bar in Bangalore is now fully operational and serving up a great selection of inspiring dishes. Serving an eclectic range of tapas-like steamed or fried dishes such as the proverbial Chinese Dim Sums, Mr. Hong aims to epitomize Chinese and South Asian hospitality at its best. Offering a quality experience at a value for money pricing, Mr Hong no only promises great tastes and flavors, but also exciting visual entertainment. It is aperfect destination spot for a business lunch, casual pre or post-show dinner or cocktail, high tea or family weekend brunch.

Mr. Hong strives to offer the most authentic Asian fare in town together with comprehensive collection of teas from the Asia Pacific region. As a food and beverage concept, Mr. Hong revolves around tea as the underlying theme infused in every aspect of the brand, from food and beverage recipes to interior design.




The place has an unique ambiance, which enables everyone a sense of comfort. The comfort is a requirement as it enable me to enjoy the food. The other interesting part was the waiter's clothes, they were different from the other places. The clothes was a blend, which enabled them to stand as one in the restaurant but made them blend in once then walk out. The clothes weren't the only thing, they way they carried them self well along with being very polite was an added bonus.

As we sat down we were offered Jasmine pearl tea. I was chilled as i got wet in the rain, the tea just brought me back to life. I tend the take little sips and take my time in having tea, that was my mistake. This tea should be had when it is hot, I hope you slow drinkers do not repeat my mistake. The tea was very good till it was hot but my taste bugs did not feel comfortable as it got cold. I had the pleasure to taste a mocktail know as Cucumber elder flower. My stomach loves cucumber and this was a well made mocktail which my little tummy liked but the essence of elder flower was a bit over powering.



Now is was the time for soup. Tom Yum Chicken Soup was severed and might i say that this was my first time but my taste bugs had a wonderful time with my throat. The hot soup was like a silver platter after the cold tea. The fresh vegetables was boiled to perfection with the chicken, the spices and other ingredient was in very good blend.

Now comes the comes the dish that I love to go to a restaurant for the dumplings. We were severed steamed veg and chicken dumplings. The chicken dumplings was delicious, it was so good that I had three and asked for more. The veg dumpling was well cooked but i personally wasn't fond of the taste. The thing I like about a dumpling is that it tells me how the main course will be.

Chicken Dumpling
Veg dumpling
The new dish on my plate was Scallion sesame chicken cake. This dish reminded of the dish that is made in my house. I love my mother's cooking and we called it Keema Bun (chicken/Mutton) and this was really better than what I have at home. The keema was perfectly cooked and the bun was well baked. This was the dish for the day for me. This even topped the dumplings.


Scallion sesame chicken cake
The veg salad was Som Tum classic salad was served which was a shredded green papaya salad with palm sugar adding some sweetness to it. The blend off everything took me by shock. Even thou I personally do not like so many green things on my plate, I still try these so relish the these few dishes that make me forget about non-veg. This was one delight to the vegetarians and me.


Som Tum Classic Salad
For the non veg eaters it was Spicy pomelo shrimp salad. Pomelo is a crisp citrus fruit native to South and Southeast Asia, taste sweet and mild grapefruit type this was liked by my fellows but I could not relish its taste. The shrimp was wow, cooked well and tasted better.

Spicy Pomelo Shrimp Salad
Crispy lotus, shiracha chili sauce was served which caught the attention of everyone. Lotus stem was tossed with honey, ginger, chilies and garnished with sesame seeds. This was a well cooked dish but it was too sweet for me for a fired dish

Crispy lotus
For the main course, Stir fried Kale with Lamb was my favorite along with Jasmine rice. Out of the other items I had for my main course, I liked Stir fried Kale with lamb and Deep fried prawns, tamarind sauce. The reason for Stir Fried Kale with lamb was due to the lamb which enriched the dish and caught my attention. The deep fried prawns was very crispy but the taste of the prawn was not felt. The vegetarians have Tofu which was good.






How to end a meal without a dessert, Peach cobbler was served even ice cream. This was the dish that magically found it’s way to way all over tummy in just a matter of minutes. Each and every bite that was taken from the dish was nothing less than a fight among us. This was so good that it actually got my tummy smiling again.

This place is one of the place that you cannot miss due to the Tom Yum soup, dumplings, scallion sesame chicken cake and Peach cobbler. The doors to Bangkok is opened in Bangalore, you cannot miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment