Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Special anniversary menu at Sanctum club



Sanctum means "A sacred or holy place". This place has a wonderful vibe and I felt it as I entered the place. There was good EDM being played in the beginning and they changed to light music up to nine, after that EDM was playing all night long. It has a small dance floor but this was enough as there is enough space all around Sanctum, that you can shake a leg without any hassle. The bar was amazing to look at with the lighting's.


Sanctum is operational from a year and on their anniversary a small group of Bloggers were asked to taste their all day Special anniversary menu. This was organized by Burrp, it was my pleasure to be called for such an event. Chef Joaquin Albarreal Arjona introduced the menu to us and we all were excited to try some Spanish cuisine. I just loved the place but could not figure out a reason, I prefer not breaking my head with it because "A few things are better not understood"


The menu was a four course meal. The wine selection for the menu was white wine for entree, starter and desert while red wine for main course. They was no new addition in the drinks menu but I bet the bar tender would wipe you something very good, based on your preference. Never hesitate to experiment.
Entree
For entree's to choose from where Broccoli and almonds expresso and Salmorejo foam. The Salmorejo foam which is a tomato foam served over poached egg, bacon and garlic croutons. The first thing I asked the waiter was if the bacon was pork or beef, it was pork and I ordered it. This dish was served in a martini glass and it look delicious. The chef had asked us to scoop up all the ingredients and have the first bite. I took a big scoop and it sent a chill wave in my mouth because of the dish but within seconds I could taste all the items, it tasted very good. I have never tasted such a dish ever before but it was beautiful.

The other entree were ordered by some bloggers, Broccoli and almonds expresso is Broccoli cream soup with toasted almonds along with broccoli cookies. They praised the creamy soup and the way that the chef has played with broccoli was a treat for them.
Starters
Starters are 2 options, Burger bull and Grilled aubergine and wild rocket. The burger bull contains beef, due to which I went for the other option. The grilled aubergine and wild rocket leaves is grilled aubergine and wild rocket salad with balsamic inaigrette. The salad is organic. I had the pleasure to taste rocket leaves before but when I had my first bite of this salad I was taken back completely, the salad was only slightly bitter. This is a good dish, due to such dishes I still eat veg.

The Burger bull look yummy but all I could do is drool as Rumana eat. She said that it is well cooked meat, juicy and tasty. The chef told us that the tail is cook over a seven hours. The tail is opened up and no more ingredients are added to this meat, the meat is cooked on its own and its gets its flavor from its own tail.

Beer infused grilled chicken
The additions in the main course are Beer infused grilled chicken, Grilled salmon and Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil. The beer infused grilled chicken is beer marinated grilled chicken served with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. The chef has used Kingfisher but if you trying at home and you want the chicken to have a little kick then go for Budweiser and for mild go for Kingfisher, the chicken can be marinated upto 15 days and the ideal time is one day. The chicken that was served us was marinated for about a day, the chicken was very tender and juicy. The best part of the chicken was that it was a wing piece with skin, the skin had a very good taste and the flesh around that part is the one that observes the ingredients well. The cream mashed potato was prepared to perfection. The highlight of this dish is the gravy, you heard me right. The gravy is the main ingredient in this dish, this held the entire dish as one. This dish was in the menu from the start and is a hot among the customers.

Grilled salmon
The grilled salmon is served with greek salad and basil cream sauce. The grilled salmon was just yum, the greek salad and basil cream sauce was a good combination with the salmon. If your are a sea food lover then get ready to eat the perfectly grilled salmon here.

Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil
The wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil is the most preferred dish in Sanctum but I did not taste the same. My friends said that the dish was very simple looking but very flavorful.

Sunny side up
The dessert is named as sunny side up. This was an unusual name for a dish that has white chocolate mousse, liquid mango sphere, apple fries and strawberry ketchup. The chef had suggested to have the entire liquid mango sphere with some white chocolate mousse and that what I did, the liquid mango sphere busted in mouth and the release of the flavors was just a magically experience to me.


I thank Sanctum and Burrp for this wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment